Legal development: Legislation & Cases- New! The Commercial and Admiralty Court Rules, 2020, Constitutional Instrument No. 2 of 2020 published on the 16th January, 2020.
Publications: Papers and Blog postsDr. Michael Imran Kanu Also see https://ssrn.com/author=2335508
- “70 Years of the International Law Commission, Its Future Role in the Changing Landscape of International Law and the Small-Developing States Nexus”, 13 FIU L. Rev. 1043 (2019).
- ‘The Fight against Corruption in Sierra Leone: Challenges and Opportunities in the Jurisprudence’, (2016) 2 African Journal of International Criminal Justice (AJICJ) 49.
- ‘Not Too Big to Fail? - Towards a Corporate Rescue Culture in Sierra Leone: A Comparative Analysis’, (2017) the General Legal Council (Sierra Leone) Law Journal.
- ‘Fighting Corruption in Sierra Leone: The Offence of Misappropriation of Public Funds, Revenue and Property Examined’, (The General Legal Council (Sierra Leone) Law Journal 2016) 43.
- ‘Charting a New Path to Commercial Arbitration: Sierra Leone to Accede to the New York Convention’ (Kluwer Arbitration Blog, April 2017).
- ‘Towards a Purposeful Economic Integration in Africa: Free Movement of Persons in Lieu of Illegal Migration’, Sixth Forum of International Law and African Union Law on the theme: The Legal, Political and Socio-Economic Consequences of Migration, Situation of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons in Africa, Malabo, Equatorial Guinea 2017.
- ‘Post-Brexit UK and Free Trade with Sierra Leone: The Devil in the Details’ Politico SL (Freetown, 30 August 2017).
- ‘The Right to Life, Dignity and the Place of the Death Penalty in Sierra Leone’ Politico SL (Freetown, 2 March 2016).
- ‘Reforming Sierra Leone’s Legal Educational System: A National Imperative’, Annual Conference of the Sierra Leone Bar Association, Makeni City, Sierra Leone 2014.
- ‘The Fight against Corruption in Sierra Leone: Challenges and Opportunities in the Jurisprudence’, Law Society Symposium, Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone 2014.
- ‘Freedom of Information: A Tool for Openness in Governance?’ Public Lecture, Mass Communication Department, Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone 2012.
- ‘Understanding the Meaning of Corruption – A Detailed Examination of the Anti-Corruption Act 2008, Media Alliance against Corruption Training Workshop, Bo City, Sierra Leone 2012.
- ‘Draft Policy on Cross-Media and Multi-Media Ownership in Sierra Leone’, presented to the Policy Committee of the Independent Media Commission, Sierra Leone, 2011. (Co-authored).